The intention of this page is to serve as a location for pointing developers to areas where work is most needed.
CoreCrypto's source code is publicly available, but its license prevents us from using it for Darling. Luckily, it's not that difficult! Some work has already been done.
More details to be added.
- Implement missing APIs
- Most (if not all) of the missing APIs are private ones
- Implement XPC domain support in launchd
- This is required for proper XPC service support, since at the moment, only system-wide services (i.e. traditional launchd services) are supported
- Implement AudioFormat and ExtAudioConverter APIs.
- Implement AUGraph and AudioQueue utility APIs.
- Implement various Audio Units existing by default on macOS. This includes units providing audio mixing or effects.
- Implement LaunchServices APIs for applications and file type mappings, backed by a database.
- Implement UTI (Uniform Type Identifiers) API, also backed by a database.