The following software has been tested and is known not to work with Darling:
- XQuartz 2.8.1:
- Hangs, and causes client applications to hang when they try to use it.
- Macports (though Homebrew does work).
- Python 3.10 (From https://www.python.org) (darlingserver regression).
GUI applications will not work in Darling at this point in time, with very few exceptions. More specifically:
- Most GUI toolkits, including:
- Anything using the Python Tk/Tkinter toolkits.
- Anything using the WxPython and WxWidgets toolkits.
- Anything using the Xamarin/MAUI toolkits.
- Mac Catalyst applications (there is no UIKit implementation for Darling yet).
- Most GUI applications, including:
- The Xcode GUI.
- Final Cut Pro.
- Any Adobe Suite applications.
- Any complex GUI application in general will not work at this point in time - only simple "Hello World" type GUIs will work.